Thursday, July 19, 2012

My "One" Ingredient Ice Cream

For some reason, Adam thought it would be a great idea to buy 5 lbs. of bananas last week at Kroger (love you dear :))  Considering only two of us in the household eat solid foods, we were quickly en route to black bananas.  I had pinned (ADDICT) a recipe involving ice cream and bananas.  I was intrigued by this "one ingredient ice cream."  So here is my version...

IngredientS in One Ingredient Ice Cream
  1. 3 Frozen bananas (I sliced them and froze them on a plate)
  2. Splash or two or three of milk
  3. 1 T. Flax seed meal (it does make it a little gritty though)
  4. 1-2 T. Cocoa mix (I used Tastefully Simple Malted Cocoa Mix)

 I tossed the bananas into the food processor and added the other ingredients.  After pureeing for a few minutes, the bananas weren't mixing up, so I added more milk.  This did the trick.  It turned into a smooth, dreamy frosty-like mixture.  YUMMO!  Here are some pics to tempt you!  ;)



The best thing is you CAN'T feel bad after you eat this.  With the exception of the cocoa mix, this is a wonderfully healthy recipe.  How awesome is it to get your calcium, potassium, and omega-3's in one dish of ice cream??!  I don't know how I was able to talk myself out of eating the entire bowl in one sitting.  Well, maybe I'll have a little more...


~Trina
















2 comments: