Friday, August 31, 2012

Confessions of a (not so) crunchy mama

I used a paper towel today.  In fact, I think I used three.  And you know what, I'm ok with it.

And while I'm in the mood to confess lets add:  my daughter wears disposable diapers more often than I thought when we made the cloth plunge; I use disposable razors despite owning an electric one which is buried somewhere in the closet; and I just can't get myself to commit to no poo (baking soda and ACV "shampoo").  

Rather than beat myself up over my sogginess, I'm trying to remind myself that this is a journey, not a test.  I truly believe that in order to live life to the full, I need to challenge myself.  Some challenges are worth persevering through, others I just need to let go.  And most importantly along this journey, I'm learning that extending myself and others grace sometimes means accepting a shoulder to cry on and a tissue (even though I have a handkerchief in my purse).

~Carla

No comments:

Post a Comment