Saturday, September 15, 2012

"I come to the garden alone while the dew is still on the roses..."

I've come to enjoy what I call "divine appointments" at 2 am in the morning.  These appointments are usually prompted by my little nursling's cry for mommy (yes I have a 2.5 year old that is still nursing and still doesn't sleep through the night; but that is an entirely different post for an entirely different day!).  But I actually see these moments, or hours, in the middle of the night as a time that God uses to reveal Himself to me.

Last night He rang and boy am I glad I answered!  Among many things that are beyond the scope of this blog, He spoke to me about what we've been working on here for Pursuing Prairie.  First, if my body is a temple in which His Spirit dwells, I want to give my best effort to keep it free of harmful chemicals on both the inside and outside.  Second, I feel the call to be a good steward of all of His creation and the resources assigned to my care.

I don't want to live in guilt about the choices I've made in the past or the mistakes I will continue to make in this life.  There's grace and forgiveness for that.  But I feel like I have a renewed outlook on why I am so drawn to the "natural" world.  I see it as an act of love and gratitude to my Creator.

I look forward to what He leads me to next and to sharing that in order to hopefully inspire others to seek their calling too.

I come to the garden alone
While the dew is still on the roses
And the voice I hear falling on my ear
The Son of God discloses.



Refrain
And He walks with me, and He talks with me,
And He tells me I am His own;
And the joy we share as we tarry there,
None other has ever known.



He speaks, and the sound of His voice,
Is so sweet the birds hush their singing,
And the melody that He gave to me
Within my heart is ringing.


Refrain


I’d stay in the garden with Him
Though the night around me be falling,
But He bids me go; through the voice of woe
His voice to me is calling.

Refrain

~Carla

No comments:

Post a Comment